Bloggin'

Music reviews will be posted by the one and only E2da-G.
Read if you want. Appreciate, agree or disagree!
I'll review new albums, singles of hip-hop, rap and grime!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday

When I first heard this whole album it came across very electronic and computer musicish!
I give big up's to Nick Minaj though! I think she's very talented. A great singer and rapper with a mean flow!
There are not too many women doing what she is doing and I don't mind it and I rate her the best female hip-hop artist out there at the moment. Her awards show that and how many artists can get Eminem, Kanye West and Will.i.am to feature on there first album?

This album has a few hits with her first single being 'Your Love'. A great chilled beat with Nicki showing her rapping and singing skills in a very stylish way. The video clip even featuring Michael Jai White as her love interest is also kinda cool!

Nicki uses auto-tune also in a few songs but mostly in 'Check it Out' which was produced by Will.i.am. I didn't mind this effect because we are so used to it with Will.i.am and with the sample of 'Video Killed the Radio Star' by The Buggles it was pulled off in a dance club hit fashion.

This album has some good Rap/Hip-Hop production with some very dirty, rough beats but also some nice chilled out electronic music! have a listen to 'Did It On'em', 'Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake)' and even 'Blazin (feat. Kanye West)'. All these songs also I believe have some RnB characteristics.

Overall, I hadn't heard much of Nicki Minaj before this album but a great start to her career and I reckon she has a lot of skill and will generate many fans from Pink Friday. She is an artist who seems very versatile in the fact that she can rap and sing and I believe you will be hearing a lot of Nicki Minaj on the radio in the future!!

I gave Pink Friday 3 out of 5 stars!

Peace and Love
E2da-G

No comments:

Post a Comment