Bloggin'

Music reviews will be posted by the one and only E2da-G.
Read if you want. Appreciate, agree or disagree!
I'll review new albums, singles of hip-hop, rap and grime!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Kanye West make it seem Yeezy!!

So this is my first posted review on my blog!!

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Before this album came out I viewed Kanye West's 30 min, or so, film called Runaway which featured songs from his new album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. This film was written, directed by Kanye West and obviously he did the music. After watching this short-film I was immediately blown away from the imagery and concepts of what Kanye West was creating. The songs suited the mood of each scene emphasising more on the production skills that Kanye West has and new ideas he could bring out in his music. A lot of people i'm sure saw this film as a big WTF! but this is Kanye West and he is not afraid to pull off new ideas that would catch viewers out of there comfort zone. Though back to the album!

I hadn't heard the full mastered songs and when we had a sneak peak from the short-film 'Runaway' and an inside into what artists were featuring I couldn't wait.

I thought this album was brilliant! Kanye West had a big hand in the production of all tracks and that just shows the many talents Mr. West possess's. This album after listening from start to finish has pushed the boundaries of future American Hip-Hop to something new and never heard before. Examples of long tracks with solo's and interludes, mixes of choirs and hip-hop-thugish beats and guest apperances from Jay-Z, Bon Iver through to Chris Rock showed how much effort and time was put in.

My immediate favourite songs has been a lot of the album but stand outs have been 'Dark Fantasy' and 'Lost in the World'. With the usual Kanye metaphors, similes and risky lyrics each song brings out a feeling and mood. These themes have a connection and even though they may be pushed with explicit lyrics, it leaves the listener in excitement.

Hip-Hop today is being developed and pushed forward more with artists exploring new ideas through technology and Kanye West hasn't worried about trying something different. Kanye West has pulled off another great album from his collection and I think a lot of people will agree with me that this could be close to album of the year.

I gave it 4.5 out of 5!

Peace and Love
E2da-G

No comments:

Post a Comment